The MPCU is a Ringer-Bath-handler, originally developed at the Max-Planck-Institute for Biophysical Chemistry in Göttingen. It is used in patch-clamp-setups first described by Prof. E. Neher and B. Sakmann.
We manufacture the MPCU which mainly consists of two separate units:
- Fluid level controller
Allows for precise fluid-level control in e.g. tissue sample baths.
- Differential pressure controller
A precise pressure control is required to generate gigaseals in a patch-clamp-setup. The controller can further be used for application of drugs or other agents with a pipette.
Fluid level controller
- sensor sensitivity: ± 0.1 mm water column (0.98 Pa)
- response time: < 1 s
- repeatability: 0.1 mm water column
- maximum flow: 1 ml/s
- alarm: adjustable between +1 and -0.5 mm water column
Differential pressure controller
- adjustable range: ± 100 cm water column (± 9.8 kPa)
- response time: 1-2 s
- repeatability: 1 mm water column (9.8 Pa)
- input sensitivity: 10 cm water column / Volt (0.98 kPa/V)
- output sensitivity: 0.1 Volt / cm water column (0.102 V/hPa)